As you look for ways to boost your intake of minerals and vitamins, improve your athletic performance or shed those unwanted pounds, you might not have to look much further than a simple banana. Available year round in its own environmentally-friendly packaging, the Banana is a healthy choice for the young and the old. Your yonanas maker will turn those over-ripe bananas into a delicious and creamy treat that looks and tastes like soft serve ice cream.
Is yonanas® really healthier than ice-cream?
Yes! Yonanas can be a healthier option than ice-cream for a number of reasons. - Yonanas is made using only fruit. (There is no added sugar, cream or other dairy added to this delicious treat).
- Simply banana yonanas contains zero grams of fat. An equal serving of soft serve ice-cream can have your buttons popping with 23 grams of fat in a 1 cup serving.
- A cup of simply banana yonanas will have 200 healthy calories as opposed to some brands of ice cream which can easily exceed 400 calories in a serving. More than 400 calories in some ice creams? Yikes!
- Yonanas doesn’t contain any cholesterol. Ice cream can contain upwards of 80mg cholesterol in a serving. Watch out arteries!
- Yonanas doesn’t contain any sodium. Comparatively, some soft serve ice creams have more than just a dash of sodium and some have more than 100 mg in a single serving!
- Yonanas contains fiber, vitamins, and minerals in each tasty serving.
How do I make yonanas?
- Simply peel and freeze over-ripe bananas. Keep in mind that over-ripe, (cheetah-spotted) bananas make the best yonanas because of their sweetness.
- Turn on yonanas maker and insert frozen bananas
- For flavored yonanas insert frozen fruit after inserting one banana.
- For a softer version of yonanas, thaw frozen bananas and other fruits for a few minutes.
Do you have to use bananas?
No. There are a bunch of tasty no-banana yonanas recipes in the recipe section. You can start with other frozen fruits like mangoes, strawberries, raspberries, pineapple or blueberries by themselves or in some wacky combination. Keep experimenting and you’ll find combinations that hit the spot.
How does yonanas save you money?
Bananas are very affordable and simply banana yonanas will cost somewhere around 50 cents per serving. It is both tasty and inexpensive to add other fruits, mint-chocolate chips etc! You couldn’t add enough fancy chocolates or exotic fruits to get close to the $5 per pint price of some Ice cream and frozen yogurts.