As with the rest of our body, the brain shrinks as we age. Practicing meditation may help fend off the age-related decline. A small study shows that longtime meditation devotees maintained more gray matter as they got older and had stronger neural connections. These networks are essential in allowing the brain to function and communicate. Getting into a daily meditation routine could help keep your brain young and nimble well into your golden years.
From the Manufacturer…
Step-by-Step Instruction for Newcomers to Meditation
Have you ever thought about trying meditation, but didn't know how to get started? On Meditation for Beginners, trusted teacher Jack Kornfield uses clear language and a thorough step-by-step guidance to show you to start-and stick with-a daily meditation practice.
In this complete beginner's course, Jack introduces you to the “Insight” tradition of meditation that has helped practitioners throughout the ages cultivate profound inner calm and a lasting capacity for happiness. Join him to discover:
- The measurable benefits of meditation for your physical and emotional health
- How to use breathing, posture, and attention to enter the meditative state
- Simple and effective strategies for dealing with distractions, “busy brain,” and other common challenges in meditation
- How meditation can help you deepen compassion, find healing through forgiveness, and dissolve your fear of death
- Four guided meditations that will serve as the foundation for an ongoing practice
With his gentle delivery and ability to translate ancient practices for modern audiences, Jack Kornfield has become one of the most accessible and sought-after teachers for helping first-time meditators get their start. Now you can begin meditating today—in just the time it takes to listen to Meditation for Beginners.